Don't even think of giving a speech at another conference until you've watched these clips of Dr. Patrick Dixon at work. He's one of the best conference speakers in the world, and even if you're already a good speaker, watching Patrick will help you become great!
He's brilliant at connecting, and interacting with any audience, who instantly become spell-bound.
Connecting with people is not just about shallow showmanship, it's about having something important to say and delivering it in a way that works.
As well as being a world-changer and an all round great bloke, Dr. D is very generous in helping others and freely shares his wisdom and experience.
He's outlined some top-tips on audience interaction, and you can find more fantastic resources and ideas at Patrick's site www.globalchange.com.
* Conference speakers need audience interaction.
* Engage the audience with participation, questions, straw polls, discussion, walking into the audience, using volunteers - all important.
* Think about audience experience, performance, and theatre rather than a lecture or cold presentation of ideas.
* All great keynote speakers know how to connect with an people, how to build rapport, relationship, chemistry, emotional bond.
* Always include humour and funny stories about real life business issues.
* Entertaining and motivational conference keynote speakers all know how to connect with passion, they're provocative and thought-provoking.
It really is worth checking out www.globalchange.com Not only will you be able to see more of Dr. D in action, you'll be better equipped to cope with the future too!
All the best with your speaking career, and thanks for reading this post!
Much love, Ian.
WHO'S LOOKING FOR WHAT?Suck Aspin's Juicy Brain World-changing Caring Arts Running Fun Happy Believe Friendship What matters Guest professor TV Energy Shift Happens Friends Meaning Happiness Digital Goals Grateful Clarity Business Video Friends @ianaspin Connectedness Passion Design Thinking Love Kindness Community Brain Creative Learning Lifestyle Purpose Success Ideas Gratitude Giving Giveacrapanomics Career Creativity Art Helping Sustainability Books Real Twitter Work Simplicity
- Location: Lancaster Lake District, UK
- Bio: I’m passionate about my work:TV journalist, producer, presenter, business ideas person. I care about: family, friends, helping people, finding meaning, running